Not much from my side. I am still reading Chloe Marr by A. A. Milne. It's an interesting book, even though I am missing every "pop reference" of plays etc. Someone who get those references would probably enjoy it a lot more.

What about all of you? What have you been reading (or listening) lately?

• @Sparrow_1029@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    49 months ago

I am on book #16 of the Mechwarrior: Dark Age BattleTech novels. Not high literature or anything, just sci-fi and big robots with lasers! The setting and technology is interesting, and there are several different authors who wrote the series. The changing writing styles and voices switch things up enough to keep me reading.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      19 months ago

just sci-fi and big robots with lasers

That's not just! That's high literature for some of us! 😀

Just looked it up, there are more than 100 tie-in novels. Is there any standalone series in it, that you can read? Or starting from the first one and starting in published order is the way.

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          19 months ago

Thanks for the recommendations!

• @Sparrow_1029@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        29 months ago

Love your username—I really wish Jim Butcher would finish the final Dresden books! The Mechwarrior: Dark Age novels can be read without the other ones I think…

A friend has recommended both the Blood of Kerensky and Gray Death Legion trilogies in the BattleTech series—which should be standalone?—and I'm looking forward to reading them as well!

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          19 months ago

Thanks. Jim Butcher seems to be getting back into his groove. His book 2 of Cinder Spires is releasing this year, and plans are for releasing next Dresden files book next year. Though, there are still many books in the series, so it may take 5-6 years at the very least.

Thanks for the recommendations, going to check them out.